The Mackenzie Room Form@ Spring 2019
Locally owned and one of a kind, The Mackenzie Room immerses guests in its passion for honest dining, with a full-service experience that celebrates the bounty of the West Coast from the moment guests walk in the door, to their final bite. With an ever-changing chalkboard menu, inspired by regional techniques and concepts from chef Sean Reeve, The Mackenzie Room celebrates locally harvested ingredients and cultural influences that excite carnivores and vegetarians alike, accompanied by a rotating offering of local wines, cocktails and beer, curated by wine director Cody Dodds. It’s the place to connect with friends and loved ones, to dine outside of the box, and to fall in love with the best of British Columbia.
The Mackenzie Room tapped us to help them build awareness about their brand primarily within Greater Vancouver. With a small but dedicated following already established, and a new dinner series concept in the works, the restaurant asked us to assist them in securing quality media and influencer exposure with the goal of reaching new potential customers in the area.
- Implemented a traditional media outreach campaign, including press releases + targeted media pitching, to secure editorial coverage
- Coordinated television appearances on CTV Morning Live Vancouver and CBC Our Vancouver for chef Sean Reeve
- Reached out to key influencers and members of the news media with an exclusive menu tasting invitation to generate social and traditional media hits
- Consulted on various activations including long table dinner series, Form@, Travelzoo’s Restaurant Month and a long term partnership proposal with Equinox
- Media Relations
- Influencer + Brand Engagement
“Sean Reeve opened The Mackenzie Room on Vancouver's Downtown Eastside, creating dishes that sustainably celebrate the hard work of the farmers, foragers and purveyors who bring the ingredients to the kitchen.”
- The Mackenzie Room chef Sean Reeve was featured on CTV Morning Live Vancouver and CBC Our Vancouver
- Brand mentions were secured in top-tier outlets including The Georgia Straight, Vancouver Magazine, Vancouver Sun, The Province, Scout Magazine and Vancouver is Awesome
- Influencer and media tastings were coordinated with The Food Gays, Viranlly, Lindsay William-Ross (Vancouver is Awesome), Richard Wolak (Food Glorious Food), Gail Johnson (Georgia Straight), Allie Turner (NUVO), Iris Yim (BC Bay)
- The Mackenzie Room’s brand new long table dinner series, Form@ generated 33 pieces of print and online media content and was sold out for each of the 8 nights that it ran