Superflux Brewery Opening
An experiment in beer production. Equal parts eye-catching and thirst-quenching, Superflux Beer Company crafts IPAs and an experience that will exceed your expectations. After setting up shop in 2015 at Callister, and shifting operations to Strathcona Beer Co. in 2017, Superflux opened its very own brewery in 2020.
Complete with a retail shop and tasting room, in the heart of Yeast Van, the brewery opening was a long-time dream come true for co-founders Adam Henderson and Matt Kohlen — and something they never expected to do in the midst of a pandemic.
Superflux contracted Reformation to create and implement a strategic public relations plan to take the brand from cult favourite to community mainstay. Faced with delays due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, launch plans were modified to respond to the situation and execute a successful — and safe — launch in Fall 2020.
- Position Superflux as an expert beermaker that unapologetically produces innovative, experimental brews
- Profile co-founders Adam and Matt as knowledgeable, trusted local business owners and a staple duo in the Vancouver food & beverage scene
- Leverage partner relationships for media opportunities, such as local talent who designed and built the space
- Pivot around the fluid COVID-19 pandemic and associated restrictions, health guidelines, and otherwise as needed
- Craft finely tuned press materials including a press kit, press releases, and targeted pitches
- Engage local influencers and tastemakers with product seeding to target their strong, hyper-local communities
- Target food and beer-focused, lifestyle and design media for the most expansive coverage possible
- Coordinate private media/influencer tastings for lifestyle, food and beer-focused media and influencers
- Strategy Design
- Influencer Marketing
- Social Media Management
"This summer, the co-founders of Superflux Beer Company set up shop in Vancouver’s ‘Yeast Van’ neighbourhood. Located at 505 Clark Dr., the opening of the brewery space was a proud achievement for the pair after more than five years of struggling to find the perfect space."
- Nearly $700k in earned media value including Vancouver Sun, The Province, Georgia Straight, VITA Magazine, Scout Magazine, Vancouver is Awesome, Daily Hive Vancouver, Curiocity, Narcity, Eat North among others
- 43 x 4-packs of beer sent out to influencers
- 18 media + influencer tastings
- One long-term client