Sandhill Wines 2019 Rosé Launch
Based in British Columbia’s stunning Okanagan Valley, Sandhill Wines has partnered with Reformation since 2015 to implement an integrated modern public relations strategy focused on developing a strong social media presence, organic influencer engagement, and media exposure, with its annual Rosé launch being the biggest activation of the year.
When Sandhill’s 2019 Rosé was ready for release in March 2020, it unexpectedly coincided with the beginning of the global COVID-19 pandemic. In response to the uncertainty, the wine’s release was postponed and our original strategy — which included a full-scale launch event at the brand’s Urban Winery in downtown Kelowna — was paused.
Once the situation began to stabilize, we formally cancelled the launch event and forged ahead with all other planned tactics once the Rosé was released in retail stores. We tapped influencers Jillian Harris and Tori Wesszer to create high-impact social media sharing, while seeding additional media and influencers with product to maximize sharing and reach. As a result, Sandhill’s 2019 Rosé sold out in four months, and anticipation kicked in for the winery’s hotly anticipated 2020 release.
- Position Sandhill’s 2019 Rosé as a top-selling, quality, limited-edition BC VQA Rosé
- Partner with high profile local influencers Jillian Harris and Tori Wesszer for giveaways and wine pairing recipes
- Seed product to targeted influencers and media in Western Canada, including those with a strong hyper-local following
- Distribute targeted pitches to lifestyle, food and wine media to generate coverage around the release of the new wine
- Craft posts on Instagram, Instagram Stories, Facebook + Twitter highlighting specific locations in cities, towns and provinces with inventory
- Respond to the high volume of posts, comments and DMs from fans about the 2019 Rosé in less than 24 hours
- Showcase the 2019 Rosé in high-quality owned imagery and share related user-generated content
- Highlight free shipping and encourage consumers to order wine online through the winery
- Strategy Design
- Influencer Marketing
- Social Media Management
"If you know me, you'll know just how much I look forward to the release of Sandhill Rosé every year and that time is now! Their 2019 Rosé has officially launched."