Monstercat Compound 2019
Based in the heart of Railtown, Monstercat is known for being one of the most influential record labels in the electronic music industry. Founded in 2011 by Mike Darlington and Ari Paunoen, Monstercat has built a remarkable roster of world-renowned talent across multiple channels, including YouTube and Spotify. For the third consecutive year, Monstercat produced a free outdoor block party featuring live performances from electronic artists on two stages along with art, video games, music education, merchandise, food and drinks and premium lounge for VIP guests. The event took place on August 24, with thousands of music fans, music enthusiasts, culture aficionados, and locals in attendance.
Monstercat partnered with Reformation to build local and industry awareness for their brand and manage all influencer and media relations for their third annual free summer block party event. We worked with the Vancouver-based independent record label to develop and distribute targeted story ideas to curated media in order to garner widespread coverage across traditional and social media.
- Implemented a traditional media outreach campaign, including press releases + targeted media pitching to secure editorial coverage across local and industry-related media outlets
- Built brand and event awareness by leveraging the reach and relationships of sponsors to create engagement and drive event traffic
- Reached out to targeted Vancouver-based music and lifestyle media to experience the event, build genuine relationships with Monstercat, and generate same-day traditional and social media hits
- Coordinated key Instagram and YouTube influencers to provide premium event passes and Compound Essentials Kits to raise brand awareness and generate positive social media mentions
- Media Relations
- Influencer + Brand Engagement
- Strategy Design
“In efforts to give back to their community in Canada, Monstercat has been throwing their annual party called the Monstercat Compound. This is a completely free show that showcases some of the best DJs in the industry currently.”
- Brand mentions were generated in top-tier outlets including Daily Hive, Canadian Beats, and EDM Identity
- News mentions were included in The Georgia Straight, The Province, BC Business and The Vancouver Sun
- Generating over 1m social impressions related to the event, including mentions from @louislay, @jonathanho1, @charmynchan, and @brunomachado
- Secured over 8.5k online RSVPs for the event, surpassing the goal of 6.3k by 74%
- Over 60m media and social impressions were generated leading up to and during the event