Glowbal Opening at Telus Garden
Glowbal Restaurant Group is one of Western Canada’s fastest growing restaurant groups and has become one of the most successful restaurant companies in Vancouver since it was founded in 2002. The group’s nine brands include Glowbal, Coast, Italian Kitchen (Alberni Street and Park Royal), Trattoria (Kitsilano, Park Royal and Burnaby), Black + Blue, The Roof and Nosh.
Glowbal Restaurant Group hired Reformation to manage all publicity for the grand reopening of the brand’s 17,000-square-foot namesake and flagship restaurant, Glowbal, at Vancouver’s newest landmark building, TELUS Garden. The big goal was to create a fresh, confident and unapologetically chaotic restaurant experience that captured the energy of the city: a big, bold and better Glowbal that represented the best of Glowbal Restaurant Group.
- Distributed a press release announcing the reopening to local media, national foodies and international travel writers, followed by targeted story pitches and tasting opportunities
- Consulted on the grand opening party, focusing on the media + VIP preview, and invited more than 1,000 of our closest media contacts, key influencers, and prominent individuals to attend
- Hosted an intimate dining experience for a dozen of Vancouver’s top food and lifestyle bloggers in one of Glowbal’s glam private rooms, showcasing a range of signature menu items with cocktail and wine pairings
- Media Relations
- Influencer + Brand Engagement
- Experiential Event Coordination
“Glowbal is a visual stunner with an all-weather patio protected by soaring, winged, etched Italian glass and warmed partly by an interior energy-smart fireplace that diverts heat to the patio rather than roasting the inside diners sitting next [to] it.”
- Launch event was attended by thousands of guests, including key media and influencers from Citytv Vancouver, Entertainment Tonight Canada, The Vancouver Sun, The Province, Metro, Vancouver Magazine, BC Business, Business in Vancouver, FASHION, Vancity Buzz, VITA, Vancouver Foodster, and others
- Organic social media posts mentioning Glowbal and/or the hashtag #SuperGlowbal were generated at the rate of more than 100 per hour over the course of the opening party
- Earned media coverage was secured in outlets including The Vancouver Sun, BC Business, Vancouver Magazine, Georgia Straight, The Westender, and Vancity Buzz, among others