Calgary Renovation Show 2020
The Calgary Renovation Show took place January 17-19, 2020 at the BMO Centre at Stampede Park. The Calgary Renovation Show (formerly Calgary Homexpo) has been a staple in consumer’s calendars since 1972, attracting thousands of qualified visitors every year. Produced by Marketplace Events, the Show features local experts, trusted brands and the latest home and lifestyle trends.
Marketplace Events contracted Reformation to create and implement a strategic public relations plan for the 2020 Calgary Renovation Show, which took a new direction at this year's Show — focusing heavily on local experts, and exhibitors without the usual lineup of big-name talent.
This event happened prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Showcase three distinct theme days with a wide range of local experts and talent, speaking to market-specific and otherwise timely trends and topics
- Craft finely tuned press materials including a media portal, press releases, targeted pitches and event listings
- Write and publish engaging digital content for Facebook, Twitter and the Calgary Renovation Show blog
- Support community management across all social platforms to maximize exposure and reach with paid media partners and sponsors to leverage unpaid editorial coverage across all channels
- Engage local influencers through organic, unpaid partnerships to target their strong local communities with ticket giveaways
- Distribute social media cheat sheet to sponsors and exhibitors to promote key messages and maximize sharing
- Host 15 targeted lifestyle influencers with an engaged audience of 6k+ followers for a special VIP tour of the show
- Strategy Design
- Media + Public Relations
- Social Media Management
- Copywriting + Content Creation
- Influencer Marketing
“They consistently have fresh ideas, new insights and strive to grow our events from year to year. We can't imagine working with anyone else.”
- 979 total brand mentions
- 52 million impressions
- $1.25M in earned media value including Calgary Herald, Calgary Sun, Western Living, CBC Calgary, Daily Hive Calgary, Yahoo! News Canada, Global News, CTV Calgary
- 17 TV + radio interviews with 7 local experts on 9 local shows