Keen and enthusiastic with an incredible knack for detail-oriented tasks, you are eager to make a big impact in a small, results-oriented organization poised for growth. You are likely a new grad with formal public relations training and/or experience, with strong writing and communication abilities. No task is too small for you – you tackle every to-do with passion and panache, no matter how menial. You are sharp as a tack, a quick study, and always seeking learning and development opportunities.
As Account Lead, you are:
- Hard-working. Our industry may seem glamorous on the surface, but you understand that successes come as a result of determination, resilience, and yes, a few late days here and there (don’t worry, those few late days – and yes, we mean few – come with wine and banked time off. We strive for big-time work/life balance).
- Creative. We aren’t your typical public relations agency. We pride ourselves on our outside-the-box thinking, and hope you do too. You’re ready to come to the table with big ideas that promise fun and results for our clients.
- Collaborative. We have a small team, and we like it that way. Our flat hierarchy is designed to allow every single person to shine, no matter how many years of experience they have. You’ll be expected to contribute, partner with team members, and collaborate with clients to get the job done right. No wallflowers, please.
- Organized. We’re talking super detail-oriented, borderline-perfectionist, aiming for ‘inbox-zero’ kind of organized. This is a job that requires major discipline in order to achieve total success.
- Loyal. This is not a test run, or the job for someone who’s looking for no commitment. You are looking to work for a company that wants long-term employees who feel they are part of something bigger than themselves, will live our values, and want to help build a real, positive culture.
- Level-headed. We are a small business – egos aren’t welcome here. We are all equal and everyone does a little bit of everything to help out, from taking out the recycling to grabbing coffees.
- Executing strategy for 4-7 accounts at any given time, integrating traditional public relations with social media marketing and brand amplification opportunities
- Contributing to strategic planning and ideation on new accounts
- Developing press materials including pitches, press releases, press kits and media advisories
- Successfully pitching stories and collaborations to media and influencers
- Overseeing photoshoots with contracted content creators
- Creating social media calendars for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and/or LinkedIn including visual and written content
- Executing social media posting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and/or LinkedIn including ongoing engagement and organic follower-building
- Conceptualizing, coordinating, and executing brand amplifications such as launch parties, brand partnerships, and influencer campaigns
- Building and maintaining relationships with writers, editors, bloggers, on-air personalities, producers, influencers, and other notable individuals
- Tracking media hits, social media mentions, and compiling regular client reports
- Contributing to ongoing office management tasks including reception, handling mail, and couriers, etc.
- Post-secondary education in public relations or related field
- 1-2 years of related work experience in an agency environment
- Polished and professional presentation
- Based in Vancouver, BC
- Proficiency with Mac OSX, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and online databases (e.g. Wrike, Slack, Meltwater)
- Existing media relationships and familiarity with the current media landscape in Canada
- Experience using G Suite, Basecamp + Adobe Creative Cloud
- Familiarity with photography and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Current BC driver’s licence and access to vehicle
- Semi-annual profit share bonus
- Full extended dental + medical benefits package upon completion of three month probation period
- Partial mobile phone allowance + provided Macbook laptop
- Annual training + development allowance
- Three weeks’ annual paid vacation
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must include the following:
- Cover letter
- 2-3 writing samples including at least one press release
- Links to social media experience, personal or professional
Applications missing any of the above requirements will not be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or in-person visits, please.